The main objectives of the course are to prepare students to be able to:
- identify flaws in arguments
- analyze the reasoning in newspaper articles, books and speeches
- assess the credibility and evidence and authorities
- make sound decisions and solve dilemmas
- approach any topic with the ability to reason and think critically.
This is a course in critical thinking and problem solving for students who need reasoning skills for life and work. It focuses on the process of reasoning in a clear-headed and critical way, with the aims of developing an awareness of the importance of reasoning and of improving skill in analyzing and evaluating arguments.