This course aims to develop students with knowledge of advanced features of java for making familiar with desktop and web based application. Basic knowledge of programming in Java is expected from students. This course should be associated with laboratory experiments to augment the concepts taught in the class.
Introducing the AWT, Using AWT controls, Layout Managers, and Menus, Events handling, Introducing Swing, Exploring Swing, The Applet Class, JDBC, Introduction to J2EE, Servlet Programming, JSP Programming.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Develop a complete GUI (Graphic User Interface) based system;
- Develop web based applications;
- Orient themselves towards android based programming;
- Develop, compile, and execute java programs using arrays and recursion;
- Develop, compile, and execute java programs manipulating strings and text documents;
- Develop, compile, execute java programs that include GUIs and event driven programming; and
- Demonstrate a final project using applets for inclusion in web pages; applets to access enterprise data bases in robust.