- Data objects are a special type of shared resources.
- When jobs are scheduled preemptively, their accesses to data object may be interleaved.
- To ensure data integrity it is common to require that reads and writes be serializable.
- A sequence of reads and writes by a set of jobs is serializable if the effect produced by the sequence on all the data objects shared by the jobs is the same as the effect produced by a serial sequence.
- Two phase locking protocol is used to access the data objects. It is :
- A way to ensure serializability
- A job never requests any lock once it releases some lock
Artificial Intelligence C Programming Cloud Computing Computer Graphics Computer Network Computer Organization and Architecture Data Communications Data Mining and Data Warehousing Data Structure and Algorithm Database Management SystemDigital Image Processing Digital Logic Digital Marketing Distributed Database System E-Commerce Fundamentals of Computer Geographical Information System IT Project Management Microprocessors OOP Java
Adventure in English II Banking Business Environment Business Law Business Statistics Corporate Finance Financial Institutions and Market Financial Management Fundamentals of Sociology General PsychologyHuman Resource Management International Business International Financial Management Investment Management Macroeconomics Management Information System - MIS Management of Innovation Marketing Microeconomics Microfinance