- A computer network is a group of computer systems and other computing hardware devices that are linked together through communication channels to facilitate communication and resource-sharing among a wide range of users.
- In information technology, a computer network, also called a data network, is a series of points, or nodes, interconnected by communication paths for the purpose of transmitting, receiving and exchanging data, voice and video traffic.
- Computer Networking is simply a group of computers that are connected to each other in some way (eg. wired (LAN), wireless or internet) for the purpose of communicating to each other.
Uses of the computer Network
- Exchange of information between different (File sharing).
- Interconnected small computers in place of large computers.
- Communication tools (voice , video)
- Some applications and technologies are examples of Distributed (Railway reservation system, Distributed databases etc).