E- Governance is the application of IT to the processes of government functioning to bring out Smart, Moral Accountable, Responsive, Transparent Governance.
E-governance is the application of information and communication technology (ICT) for delivering government services, exchange of information communication transactions, integration of various stand-alone systems and services between government-to-customer (G2C), government-to-business (G2B), government-to-government (G2G) as well as back office processes and interactions within the entire government framework.
Through e-governance, government services will be made available to citizens in a convenient, efficient and transparent manner. The three main target groups that can be distinguished in governance concepts are government, citizens and businesses/interest groups. In e-governance there are no distinct boundaries.
Types of interactions in e-governance
- Government to citizen (G2C)
- Government to Government (G2G)
- Government to Employees (G2E)
- Government to Business (G2B)
Vision/Mission/Goal of E- Governance
- e-Governance Master Plan (e-GMP) takes a holistic view of e-Governance initiatives across the country,
- Provide all government services through automated system by maximizing the use of IT.
- Make all Government services accessible to the common man in his locality, through common service delivery outlets, and ensure efficiency, transparency, and reliability of such services at affordable costs to realize the basic needs of the common man
Components of E-Governance
- Awareness and Communication
- Capacity Building
- Common Service Centre
- Infrastructure and Technical
- Monitoring & Evaluation
- Research and Development
- Project and Financial Appraisal