Here are the Difference between common carrier and private carrier
Common Carrier Vs Private Carrier
- To carry goods of other for money is the regular business of common carrier.
- Common carrier should carry goods of all the people without discrimination.
- No discrimination of the rate of carriage.
- Carriage through customary route.
- Common carrier carries only goods and no passengers.
- A common carrier is governed by the Carriers Act, 1865 of India.
- A common carrier is always non gratuitous. It carries goods only for money. It is regular business of carrier to carry goods on hire.
- Carrying goods for others is not the regular business of private carrier.
- A private carrier can make discrimination in carrying goods of the consignors.
- Discrimination in carriage.
- Carriage through different route.
- Private carrier may carry either goods or passengers.
- A private carrier is governed by the Contact Act and not by the Carrier's Act.
- A private carrier may be either gratuitous or non gratuitous as the case may be.