- Energy is required for economic and social development. Development of trade and industry largely depends upon the energy.
- Despite high potential for generating energy through abundant water resource, energy crisis has continued to grow.
- 72.60% of total energy generated in Nepal is by firewood source. 14% increased in 2013/14 alone. This possesses threat to forest of Nepal.
- 2.59 % of total energy consumption is generated by renewable energy sources. The use of renewable energy is drastically increased by 75.3% in 2013/14.
- Out of total capacity, Less than 2% of electricity is produced.
- Number of customer increased 4.4%
- Number of line distribution increased 1.7%
- Demand of electricity increased by 9.8% in 2013/14.
b. Petroleum Products: ( petrol, diesel, kerosene, Aviation turbine fuel, LP gas, Furnace Oil)
- 11.25 % of the total energy consumption is provided by petroleum products.
- 6.9% increased than previous year.
- Full depend on India.
- Now agreement with China for petroleum products.
- Total consumption in first eight month of 2014/15: 1,305,601 KL
Emerging Business Environment in Nepal
- Increased Private investment
- Growing Urban Population: 13.4% in 2000, reached to 18.2% in 2010 and increasing.
- Rising informed and educated customers
- Changing role of government
- Rising economic agendas
- Use of modern technologies
- Integration to the world economy
- Shifting social cultures
- Shift towards service industry
- Work force diversity