Image Processing and Pattern Recognition Question Set, Old question of Image Processing and Pattern Recognition.
Image Processing and Pattern Recognition Question Set 2018
1) Explain how you can convert an analog image into a digital 2 image. Also discuss the various applications and problems associated with the digital image processing in brief. How many images of size 1400×1000 with 256 gray levels can be stored in a 1024 MB storage space?
2) Define Discrete Cosine Transform (DCT). How do you determine Sequency order from the natural order in Hadamard transform? Explain it with a suitable example.
3) What is a Fourier Transform and how can you apply it in the digital image processing? Explain the different properties of the Fourier Transform.
4) Explain the bit plane slicing techniques for the purpose of image enhancement. Explain the median filter along with suitable algorithm for its implementation.
5) What is a minimum filter? Given the following gray level histogram of an image. Compute the gray levels after histogram equalization.
6) Explain in detail the process the filtering in Frequency Domain with reference to the Gaussian Low Pass Filter.
7) A binary image of dimension 1024 × 343 is subject to run 5 length coding. The run-length pairs of one scan line are (1, 63), (0, 87), (1, 37), (0, 5), (1, 4), (0, 556), (1, 62) and (0, 210). Now, calculate the resulting compression ratio of the line. Also find out the coding redundancy contained initially in the line.
8) Given the following frequency table obtained from the6 histogram of a 16 X 16, 8 level image.
Where M = gray level and
NM = pixels having Mth gray level.
Construct Huffimann code for each gray level. Also calculate the compression ratio and coding redundancy of the system.
9) What is an edge detection filter? Derive the filter mask for hyperbolic filter and write the algorithm for its implementation.
10) Define the Hough transform? Write the algorithm for implementing Hough matrix in image processing with suitable example.
11) Explain the global thresholding and region merging techniques for image segmentation.
12) What is a Neural Network and how can a neural network be applied in digital image processing? Explain it with the help of a simple perceptro.
13) Write short notes on any two:
a) Ideal High Pass Frequency domain filter
b) Template Matching
c) Pattern Recognition and Applications