An AI system is composed of an agent and its environment. The agents act in their environment. The environment may contain other agents.
What is agent?
An agent is anything that can perceive its environment through sensors and acts upon that environment through actuators.
- A human agent has sensory organs such as eyes, ears, nose, tongue and skin parallel to the sensors, and other organs such as hands, legs, mouth, for effectors.
- A robotic agent replaces cameras and infrared range finders for the sensors, and various motors and actuators for effectors.
- A software agent has encoded bit strings as its programs and actions.
- Performance Measure of Agent − It is the criteria, which determines how successful an agent
- Behavior of Agent − It is the action that agent performs after any given sequence of
- Percept − It is agent’s perceptual inputs at a given
- Percept Sequence − It is the history of all that an agent has perceived till
- Agent Function − It is a map from the precept sequence to an