Long haul system can transmit optical signal over a great distance with or without using repeaters. The effect of fiber dispersion is reduced by using fiber dispersion management.
Performance Limiting Parameters
Performance limiting factors in a fiber-optic link are – Non-linear effects of optical fibers.
Self Phase Modulation (SPM). Modulation instability.
Polarization Mode dispersion (PMD).
- Derive the thermal noise characteristic
- What is the role of preamplifier in optical receiver? Explain in brief different types of preamplifier
- Comment on overall performance of
- Explain the benefits of transimpedance
- Explain the following
- Carrier to noise tatio
- Relative intensity noise
- Intermodulation distortion
- Intermodulation products
- Composite second order
- Composite triple beat
- Beat stacking viii)
- Explain with block diagram elements of analog link. List the signal impairements in analog
- Explain the generation of RIN. Give its expression
- Elaborate the important limiting conditions of optical power Given their C/N ratios and show the limitations with suitable sketch.
- With a neat block diagram explain multichannel amplitude
- Explain sub-carrier multiplexing technique in
- In an optical fiber communication link, list the different components and their characteristics to the considered for selecting
- Briefly explain the importance at link power How the loss is calculated, explain with optical power loss model?
- Explain the rise-time budget analysis with its basic elements that contributes to system rise
- What is the significance of system consideration in point - to – point fiber
- When distributed networks are preferred?.
- Explain commonly used technologies in distributed
- Explain LAN used in fiber optic communication
- Discuss commonly used topologies used in fiber optic LAN.