The purpose of this course is to provide students with the knowledge and skills needed to manage human resources effectivelyin organizations to enhance the contributions of all employees to organizational effectiveness. This course identifies and defines the key concepts of Human Resources Managementand examines how they are used in practices. Thecourse briefly covers all the spectrum of the human resources management.
The course deals with the concept of Human Resources Management, from historical perspective to the latest concept with its development from Administration, Personnel to HR Management era. The course will cover the major spectrum of HR Management such as; Sourcing/Acquiring, Developing, Compensating, and the latest trend and development of HR practices.
Understanding of these concepts is supposed to develop deeper understandings on human resources and its impact in organizational setting. The understanding helps to enhance organizational efficiency, effectiveness and create an environment of openness and trust so that people feel better environment at their workplace.
After completion of the course students should be able to:
- Understand the concept of Human Resources and its Management
- Develop an understanding about the human resources environmental the trends of HR Management
- Learn the fundamentals of HR planning, sourcing of talents and their placements.
- Understand the concept of performance management and career development of employees.
- Understand the basic concept and principle of developing various compensation strategies to attract and retain talents.
- Develop an understanding about the employee relations specifically about trade unions, Collective bargaining, employee welfare, occupational safety and Health.