The objective of this course is to develop an awareness of major marketing problems faced by a variety of organizations, with an emphasis on sound approaches to addressing these problems. The course focuses on the factors influencing marketing decision-making to cultivate proficiency in articulating aspects of the marketing mix, and developing customer-orientated and competitive marketing strategies and plans.
The course aims to develop a strategic perspective of students in marketing management. It builds students’ capabilities in analyzing marketing opportunities, developing marketing strategies, and designing implementation plans and programs. This course includes business strategy and sustainable competitive advantage; concept and relevance of strategic market management; analysis of external and internal factors for opportunity identification; formulation of strategy for sustainable competitive advantage; differentiation and positioning strategies; growth and diversification strategies; strategies for the global market; preparation of strategic marketing plan and program formulation; and strategic control.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Understand the concept, its evolution, and marketing mix.
- Gain knowledge about the emerging trends and challenges of the marketing in this century.
- Analyze the perspective of consumer behavior in decision making process.
- Develop the skill in preparation of marketing strategic plan.
- Understand the role and importance of market segmentation, targeting and positioning
- Gain insights about pricing strategy.
- Understand the role channel of distribution and its impact in overall marketing activities.
- Develop the skill to implement integrated marketing communication mix and understand about mass communication.
Learning Activities and Procedures
The instructors decide on the teaching methods for this course, which may include lectures, case study, practical problems exercises, article review, project report writing and students’ presentations. The learning activities will be centered on the following activities:
- Class lectures and discussion on specific study matters.
- Class presentation and discussion following the presentation.
- Review of articles and case study.
- As a major task of the trimester, students are encouraged to work on project in a group and make its presentation at the end of the trimester.
Examination (Mid-term and final).