Your plan should include:
- An executive summary - this is an overview of the business you want to start. It's vital. Many lenders and investors make judgments about your business based on this section of the plan alone
- Your vision and business idea - a short description of who you are, what you plan to sell or offer, why and to whom, your business goals and key selling points
- Your marketing and sales strategy - provides details on customers, competitors, market trends and tactics (eg pricing, distribution and promotion) - see your business markets and competitors and marketing and sales.
- Your management team and personnel - your credentials and the people you plan to recruit to work with you.
- Your operations - your premises, production facilities, your management information systems and IT.
- Financial forecasts - this section provides details of cash flow forecasts, profit and loss accounts and balance sheets.