Enterprise application are a software solutions that provides business logic and tools to model entire business for organizations to improve productivity and efficiency. Eg: billing systems, customer relationship management systems and supplier management system.
The major online enterprise applications are:-
- Management Information Systems:- Management Information System or MIS is a planned system of collecting, storing, and disseminating data in the form of information needed to carry out the functions of management.
- Enterprise Resource Planning:- ERP is an integrated, real-time, cross-functional enterprise application, an enterprise-wide transaction framework that supports all the internal business processes of a company. It supports all core business processes such as sales order processing, inventory, management and control, production and distribution planning, and finance.
- Customer Relationship Management:- CRM is a comprehensive strategy and process of acquiring, retaining, and partnering with selective customers to create superior value for the company and the customer.
- Content Management System:- CMS allows publishing, editing, and modifying content as well as its maintenance by combining rules, processes and/or workflows, from a central interface, in a collaborative environment.
- Executive Support System:- Executive support systems are intended to be used by the senior managers directly to provide support to non-programmed decisions in strategic management. This information are often external, unstructured and even uncertain.