JSP actions use constructs in XML syntax to control the behavior of the servlet engine. JSP actions are executed when a JSP page is requested. They can be dynamically inserted into a file, re-use JavaBeans components, forward the user to another page, or generate HTML for the Java plugin.Some of the available actions are listed below:
- jsp:include - includes a file, when the JSP page is requested.
- jsp:useBean - finds or instantiates a JavaBean.
- jsp:setProperty - sets the property of a JavaBean.
- jsp:getProperty - gets the property of a JavaBean.
- jsp:forward - forwards the requester to a new page.
- jsp:plugin - generates browser-specific code.