Termination of bailment means the bailment comes to end and the legal relationship of the parties is no longer remain. There are various circumstances under which the contract of bailment is terminated. Nepal Contract Act, 2056 has also laid down some legal provisions in respect of the termination of bailment. A contract of the bailment is terminated as follows:
- On the expiry of specific time period.
- On the accomplishment of specific purpose.
- Inconsistent act with the term.
- On the death of the party of the bailment.
- On the destruction of subject matter of the contract of the bailment.
- On the void condition of the contract.
- A gratuitous (Without price) bailment: It can be terminated by the Bailor at any time.