Strategy implementation is the sum total of the activities and the choices required for the execution of a strategic plan. It is a process by which objectives, strategies and policies are put into action through the development of programs, budgets and procedures. (Wheelen and Hunger)
Process of Strategy Implementation:
- Identifying short term objectives.
- Initiating specific functional tactics.
- Empowering people in the organizational by communicating policies.
- Matching the organization structure to strategy
- Linking reward system with strategic goals.
- Measurement feedback and corrective mechanism.
Designing Structure for Strategy Implementation
Change in strategy often requires changes in the way an organization is structured for two major reasons: First, Structure largely dictates how objectives and policies will be established. Second, Structure dictates how resources will be allocated.