Find the MCIS Old Question of Real Time System (RTS) in this post. This all question is asked in previous final and internal exams which is very important. Master in Computer Information System Old question of Real time system.
MCIS Old Question – Real Time System (RTS)
Course: Real Time System(RTS)
MCIS Old Question – Real Time System(RTS) Year:2019
1. Give some examples of hard, soft and firm Real-time Systems.
2. How are period jobs different from aperiodic jobs?
3. Explain the following terms with examples:
i. Release time
ii. Executiorn Time
4. Differentiate between absolute and relative deadline. Temperature sensors monitor temperatures of several rooms of a factory. The System is initialized and starts execution at time 10. It starts to sample, read temperature from each temperature sensor every 20 msec and places the sampled readings in memory. During this time interval, it computes the state of each room in order to process captured temperatures to determine fluctuation in the temperatures. If these jobs periodically execute back to back during the operation of the system, what would be the absolute and relative deadline of these jobs?
5. How is Priority Driven scheduling different from Clock Driven approach?
6. A Real time System consists of three tasks T1(5,1), T,(3,2), T (12,2). Propose the appropriate frame size to schedule the above mentioned tasks using Cyclic Executives/Clock Driven Scheduling Approach. Here, Ti, (Pi, ei,) Ti = Task, Pi = Periodicity, ei = execution time.
6. Differentiate between effective release time and effective deadline of Real time tasks.
7. Compute the effective release time and effective deadline of jobs J(r,d):
8. How is Bandwidth Preserving Server approach different from typical Polled approach. A job J1 is released at time 3, it has a periodicity of 3.5 and execution time of 1.5. An aperiodrc job with execution time of 1.8 arrives at time 2.8. How much slack is available at this point for the slack stealer to execute the aperiodic job when it arrives and for how long will the running job J1 be blocked? Explain by drawing a nice timeline.
9. Write short notes (any two):
- Hierarchical Control System
- LRT and LST
- Control Law Computation